|Join us for this life changing event!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
NOTE: On-site check-in will begin at 7:30 am. Breakfast and lunch are complimentary for registrants.
5151 Pooks Hill Road
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Join us for Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH. Whether you are a newly diagnosed patient, a long-term survivor, a caregiver, or friend of a patient, this one-day regional conference will have something for you. Learn how to stand up for your health, take charge of your care, and become a more powerful patient. Join more than 100 patients and families from your area, and around the nation, as we bring you face-to-face with leading medical experts, connect you to other patients and families, and leave you feeling hopeful and energized.
If you've never attended one of our conferences, you won't want to miss this informative and inspirational event!
If you've attended one of our conferences before, join us again to learn more about advances in treatment, discover new strategies for living well with bone marrow failure diseases, connect with friends, and participate in our special Celebration of Hope.
Why should you attend?
- Hear from leading experts. Learn more about your diseases, current treatments, and emerging therapies.
- Explore a variety of topics on living well and improving your quality of life.
- Get your questions answered. Plenty of time will be provided in every session.
- Learn skills and strategies that can help you stand up for your best medical care and become a more powerful patient.
- Meet other patients and family members and connect to a Community of Hope in your area.
- Participate in our Celebration of Hope and leave with a sense of hope and a positive outlook for the future.
- Understand how AA&MDSIF can help you through this life-changing experience.
- And…It’s FREE! Advance registration is required.
Before you Arrive:
During this conference, you will have unprecedented access to some of the leading experts in treating your disease. So before you arrive, you will want to do everything possible to make the most of your time with them.
Here are a few things you should do to prepare:
1. View our interactive learning module on Blood and Bone Marrow Basics.
2. View the basic information webcast for your disease. This will further ground you in the basics.
a. View Aplastic Anemia 101
b. View MDS Interactive Learning Module
c. View PNH Interactive Learning Module
3. Make a list of questions you want to have answered at the conference. Prioritize the list so you ask your most important questions first.
4. Ask a family or friend to attend with you. This person can help you ask questions, take notes, and provide support if you begin to feel ill. Make sure this person also watches the Blood and Bone Marrow Basics and appropriate 101 webcast.
5. Plan to arrive early. Come and enjoy breakfast, meet others with your disease, and relax for a few minutes before the sessions start.
By learning the basics, coming with your questions, bringing a family member or friend with you, and arriving early, you will ensure that you make the most of the Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH Conference.
This participatory education program will ground you in a basic understanding of how blood is formed. It will help you better understand the technical language the doctors may use.
See you there!